Friday, January 27, 2012 17:07 IST
The actor is apparently losing out on some plum offers due to an 'unreasonable' demand of Rs 1.5 crore per film
It had been earlier reported that Prateik lost out on Shoojit Sircar's Second Time Lucky because the production house, Viacom 18
Motion Pictures, had apprehensions about casting the actor in a complex character.
Apparently, this decision was taken after watching his lackluster performance in Prakash Jha's Aarakshan. Now, however, the real
reason seems to be something else. Buzz is that Prateik lost out on the film because he demanded an exorbitant fee, which the
producers didn't feel he deserved.
A source close to actor says, "Prateik demanded rupees 1.5 crore for the film. Since some of his films have not worked in the past,
the producers were apprehensive about paying him so much. The producers are not sure if they would be able to recover the
The source adds, "Prateik never gets into the financial details. It's basically his manager, who takes such calls. One and half crore
is not a huge amount considering the pay packages of other stars but Prateik still has to prove himself. Things may turn in his
favour overnight, if he gives a hit."
Reportedly, actor also lost out on Tigmanshu Dhulia's Milan Talkies because of the same reason. Prateik and the production house
remained unavailable for comment.
By arrangement with Mid-Day.com
- Saturday, August 01, 2015 Alia feels KJo would be a 'funny' lawyer
|Alia Bhatt, who has co-curated the newly launched English content channel...|
- Sunday, August 02, 2015 Friend Or Foe? Ritesh reveals an unknown secret about Jacqueline
|Jacqueline Fernandez is going through a great phase, working with big stars under big banners...|
- Sunday, August 02, 2015 Do You Know? Amy has a special skill
|In fact, back home in Liverpool, England, she even owns a horse and has been riding since...|
- Saturday, August 01, 2015 SRK done with 'Dilwale'
|Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan says the Bulgaria schedule of Rohit Shetty's "Dilwale"...|