Wednesday, June 27, 2018 15:05 IST
Wes Anderson has good news for all dog lovers as the American film director is all set to release his upcoming film, Isle of Dogs. That's right! You heard me. Isle of Dogs is about a 12 year old boy who goes in search of his dog on Trash Island where Japan's Megasaki City has banished all their dogs due to the epidemic of a dog flu. With its witty dialogues, colourful characters and retro-futuristic textures, this movie has definitely a lot to offer to the world.
Here are 5 facts one must know about the film:
1. Isle of Dogs is set against a futuristic Japanese backdrop where the alpha dogs help the little one find his best friend. As Japan celebrates this year as the year of Dogs along with China starting February 16, 2018, the film might be deliberately set to release this year.
2. The 68th Berlin Film Festival was inaugurated with director, Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs giving it a gala start. First premiered at this International Festival, it is also the first ever animated film to open the ceremony.
3. Isle of Dogs is the second longest stop-animation film after Kubo and The Two Strings differing in just a minute. It took around 144,000 frames to complete the 101 minutes that the audience will witness on-screen.
4. Tashirojima Island of Japan has more cats than humans and feeding these stray cats is supposed to bring growth and fortune. Inspired by this knowledge, Wes created the city of Megasaki that adores cats but despises dogs due to their age old controversy, thus isolating them on an island when the virus spreads.
5. After the film release in Berlin, there was an exclusive screening in San Francisco that invited humans as well as their dogs to watch the film. Guess it was finally time for some BYOD! (Bring Your Own Dog)
Here's a cute fact: Isle of Dogs is actually a wordplay on I Love Dogs. Director Wes Anderson has touched our hearts again with his sweet pun! We hear you, Anderson and we love you.
Catch Isle of Dogs in cinemas on 6th July 2018, in select cities in India.
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 'No Time to Die' Will Be The Next Bond Movie You'll See
|The upcoming Bond movie, titled 'Bond: 25' tentatively has found its official title 'No Time to Die'. The official Twitter for...|
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 Marvel and Sony Part Ways on 'Spider-Man'
|Marvel and Sony has failed to secure an agreement pertaining to the distribution of Box-Office revenue. The existing agreement...|
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 The Wachowskis Are All Set to Bring 'Matrix 4'
|Nope, this is certainly not a simulation. The Wachowski are bringing the fourth installment to 'The Matrix' movies...|
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 'Marriage Story' Official Trailer: Noah Baumbach Shows Two Sides to a Marriage
|Dysfunctional families and failing marriages is a beaten-down trope, but Noah Baumbach brings his signature style to it and gives...|