|Professor Ernest Brennecke of Columbia is credited with inventing a sentence that can be made to have eight different meanings by placing ONE WORD in all possible positions in the sentence:|
"I fucked her in the bed yesterday."
The word is "ONLY"
1. ONLY I fucked her in the bed yesterday. (No one else did).
2. I ONLY fucked her in the bed yesterday. (Confirmation).
3. I fucked ONLY her in the bed yesterday. (I did not fuck others).
4. I fucked her ONLY in the bed yesterday (I did not fuck outside the bed).
5. I fucked her in ONLY the bed yesterday (Not other places).
6. I fucked her in the ONLY bed yesterday (He doesn't have another bed).
7. I fucked her in the bed ONLY yesterday (Not today).
8. I fucked her in the bed yesterday ONLY (Did not wait for today).
This is the beauty and complexity of the English language.