- 300 ml Thickened Light cream
- 250 ml Skim Milk
- 8 Cardamom Pods, Crushed
- 800 gms Mangoes, Sliced
- 400 gms Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Fruits, for Garnishing
- Line a 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with 2 layers of plastic wrap, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Combine the cream, milk and cardamom in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and set aside for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Meanwhile, process the mango in a food processor until smooth.
- Strain the cream mixture into a small bowl, using the back of a spoon to press the cardamom pods in the sieve.
- Add the condensed milk. Use an electric beater to beat the cream mixture for 15 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Fold in the mango puree. Spoon into the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer overnight or until firm.
- Remove the ice-cream from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Turn the ice-cream onto a serving platter. Remove the plastic wrap and discard. Top the ice-cream with tropical fruit.
Tip: Always strain sugar or jaggery syrups before adding to sweets, so that the muddy grains do not taste like grit in the sweet dishes. Allow the grit to settle below before straining.