- 300 ml Thickened Light cream
- 250 ml Skim Milk
- 8 Cardamom Pods, Crushed
- 800 gms Mangoes, Sliced
- 400 gms Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Fruits, for Garnishing
- Line a 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with 2 layers of plastic wrap, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Combine the cream, milk and cardamom in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and set aside for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Meanwhile, process the mango in a food processor until smooth.
- Strain the cream mixture into a small bowl, using the back of a spoon to press the cardamom pods in the sieve.
- Add the condensed milk. Use an electric beater to beat the cream mixture for 15 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Fold in the mango puree. Spoon into the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer overnight or until firm.
- Remove the ice-cream from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Turn the ice-cream onto a serving platter. Remove the plastic wrap and discard. Top the ice-cream with tropical fruit.
Tip: When ice cream is rock-hard, dip the scoop in hot water to make scooping easier.