- For Cover:
- 1 Egg
- 250 gms All purpose flour (Maida)
- Pinch of Salt
- Water to make batter
- For Filling:
- 3 Carrots (Grated)
- 1 tsp Ginger, Garlic (Minced)
- 100 gms Cabbage
- 75 gms Sprouted Beans
- 3 Green Chilies Chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp White Pepper Powder
- Mix flour, salt, egg and water and make a smooth batter.
- Heat little oil in a flat non-stick pan and add enough batter so that it covers the base of the pan. Cook both sides of the pancake till golden. Repeat the same till whole batter is utilized.
- To make the filling heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a wok, add ginger , and garlic , stir fry for 10-15 seconds then add carrots, cabbage and cook tossing the vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
- Add the bean sprouts, salt, pepper and soya sauce, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Set aside the filling to cool.
- To make the spring rolls place 2-3 tbsp of the filling in the center of each pancake.
- Fold in the sides and form a tight roll, sealing the edge with a little flour and water paste.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve the vegetarian spring roll hot with chilli sauce or green mint chutney.
Tip: Heat the utencil first, then add oil. This way oil spreads well. You will use less oil this way.