- 1 cup Sugar Syrup
- 1 tbsp Gond Katira (Tragacanth Gum)
- 10 pieces Kembang Semangkok (flower bowl)
- 1 tbsp Basil seeds soaked
- 1 Can (400 gms) Evaporated milk
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- For Sugar syrup, boil 3/4 cup sugar in 1 cup of water, adding 1 pandan leaf till sugar has dissolved.
- For Gond Katira, soak overnight, romove dirt, strain. Rinse with water and strain again.
- For Kembang semangkok, soak overnight, remove skin and seed. Strain, rinse with cold water and strain again soak in cool boiled water till it swells then strain.
- For Basil seeds, soak in cold, boiled water till it swells then strain.
- In a large bowl, add in gond katira, kembang semagkok and basil seeds.
- Add sugar syrup, water, milk and rose water. Mix well.
- Chill in a refrigerator or add ice cubes to serve.
Tip: Always use very cold ice. Not all ice has the same temperature. Usually good ice looks dry outside, and if you touch it, it will stick to your finger. Bad ice is one that looks wet outside and is dripping from all sides.