- 1 kg Fish
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Onions, Finely Chopped
- 4 tbsps Oil
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Masala Ingredients: (To grind)
- 6 Kashmiri Chillies
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 large Onion
- 4 flakes Garlic
- 1 Large Tomato
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- Cut, clean fish and set aside. Mix chilly powder, turmeric, lime juice and little salt into a paste with little water if required. Apply this paste on the fish and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- In a non stick pan heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry the fish on both the sides till light brown and set aside.
- Grind the masala ingredients into a fine paste. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Fry finely chopped onion with curry leaves till pink. Add the ground masala and fry till you a get good aroma and oil separates from masala.
- Add salt as per your taste. Place the fried fish over the masala in the pan and coat the fish gently with the fried masala. Cook on slow fire for 5 minutes.
- Serve with freshly sliced lemon wedges and onion rings. Tastes best with hot steamed rice.
Tip: Sprinkle salt on hands to minimize slipperiness when handling fish.