- 1 kg Fish
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Onions, Finely Chopped
- 4 tbsps Oil
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Masala Ingredients: (To grind)
- 6 Kashmiri Chillies
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 large Onion
- 4 flakes Garlic
- 1 Large Tomato
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- Cut, clean fish and set aside. Mix chilly powder, turmeric, lime juice and little salt into a paste with little water if required. Apply this paste on the fish and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- In a non stick pan heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry the fish on both the sides till light brown and set aside.
- Grind the masala ingredients into a fine paste. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Fry finely chopped onion with curry leaves till pink. Add the ground masala and fry till you a get good aroma and oil separates from masala.
- Add salt as per your taste. Place the fried fish over the masala in the pan and coat the fish gently with the fried masala. Cook on slow fire for 5 minutes.
- Serve with freshly sliced lemon wedges and onion rings. Tastes best with hot steamed rice.
Tip: To peel and devein shrimp, start by pulling off the legs. Then, remove the top shell and tail with your fingers. Hold the shrimp with the curve of the back up. Run a small paring knife down the back where the vein is visible. Slice gently, just breaking the skin. Pull out the vein with the tip of the knife. Rinse under cold water.