- 250 ml Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 tsp Deghi Mirch
- Chopped coriander
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ¾ tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 3/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Seeds
- 500 gms Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into cubes
- Oil to Taste
- 1 tsp Salt
- Whisk the yoghurt. Puree all the ingredients, except chicken and yogurt, in a blender to make a fine smooth paste.
- Put chicken in a large bowl. Add yogurt and spice mixture. Rub the marinade well on the chicken pieces and marinate for at least 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a medium-high (400°F to 475°F) gas or charcoal grill fire for direct grilling.
- Divide chicken among skewers leaving 1 cm space between cubes. Arrange skewers suspended across a grill. Grill chicken about 4 inches from heat, turning regularly, until browned in spots and just cooked through (9 to 12 minutes).
- Baste with oil at intervals to retain the juiciness of the chicken.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with onion rings, lemon wedges and a fresh green salad of your choice.
Tip: Roast diced onions, carrots, and celery in the pan right along with chicken. With the vegetables cooked down and flavored with the meat juices, you've the base for a wonderful gravy.