- 1/4 cup Small Soya Chunks (nuggets)
- 1 cup Cubed and Boiled Mixed Vegetables
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onions
- 1 tsp Ginger-Green Chilli paste
- 1/2 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped Fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- For the Paste
- 2 large Onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cauliflower, chopped
- 1-2 Green Chilies, chopped
- 2-3 Pieces of Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Clove, Pinch Cinnamon
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes till the onions are soft and nearly all the liquid has evaporated. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Puree the mixture to a smooth paste in a blender. Keep aside.
- Soak the soya nuggets in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain all the water and squeeze out any excess water from the nuggets.
- Heat the oil, add the onions, ginger-green chilli paste and cook till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, fenugreek leaves and cook for 5 to 6 minutes till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the vegetables, soya nuggets, the prepared paste, ½ cup water and salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Serve hot with naan and rice.
Tip: Add a pinch of common salt and sugar to the cooking vegetable so as to avoid discoloration of spinach and green leafy vegetables.