- 500 ml Organic milk
- 1 cup Makhana or Foxnuts
- 2-3 Green Cardamom powdered
- 10-12 Almonds, sliced
- 10-12 Cashews, sliced
- Sugar as required
- A pinch of saffron
- Heat milk first when the milk comes to a boil, add makhana and simmer the milk with occasional stirring on a low to medium flame. After 5 mins add the sugar, cardamom and pinch of saffron.
- When the kheer is simmering, add the almonds to the hot water and keep aside for 8-10 minutes, drain and peel them. Slice the almonds and chop the cashews.
- Simmer the milk for a total time of 12-15 minutes on a low to medium flame with occasional stirring.
- If you want you can simmer for some more minutes to get a slightly thick consistency. However keep on stirring often.
- Lastly add almonds and cashews. Switch off the fire.
- Garnish with dry fruits, saffron strands and serve the makhane ki kheer hot or warm or cold.
Tip: Having trouble keeping your ice cream inside the cone? If you are constantly wiping up drips from the bottom of a sugar cone, simply pop a mini marshmallow in the bottom of the cone before adding the ice cream...no more drips!