- 1 cup Swang ke Chawal ka Atta/Barnyard Millet Flour
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- Sendha namak as required
- Water as required
- Few Coriander leaves
- Make a thick flowing batter with the vrat ke chawal ka atta, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, rock salt and water.
- Heat a tava. Spread some oil on the tawa, with a spoon or ladle pour the batter, don't spread as the batter won't spread, so you can make small sized uttapams.
- Top the tomatoes and green chilies on the uttapam immediately as soon as you spread the batter, sprinkle some oil on the top and sides.
- The tomatoes will get slightly browned, flip again and cook the plain side.
- Serve Vrat ke uttapams hot with coconut chutney.
Tip: Potatoes rot quickly if stored near onions.To prevent potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes!