- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 8 tbsp Oil or Ghee
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- 12 Cashews, chopped
- A pinch of Saffron
- Sugar as required (depends on the sweetness of the Sweet Potatoes)
- Boil the sweet potatoes first. When they become warm, peel and mash them.
- Heat oil or ghee in a kadai or pan first fry the cashews. Remove when they become golden and keep aside. In the same oil, add the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Stir well and saute for 4 mins, add sugar and saute for 4-5 mins, now add crushed cardamom, saffron and stir.
- Keep on stirring and cooking the halwa till oil or ghee starts to leave the sides of halwa. This will take approx 10-12 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- Lastly add the fried cashew nuts and stir again.
- Serve sweet potato halwa hot, warm or cold.
Tip: Never try to refreeze icecream which has melted completely due to reasons like electricity breakdown. The result will taste disastrous. Instead, add you favourite flavour or fruit and run in a mixie to make delicious milk shake.