- 8 medium sized Prawns
- 3 cups Basmati Rice
- 4 Cardamom
- 8 cups Water
- 12 Cloves
- 2 Bayleaf
- Salt to taste
- 8 tbsp Ghee
- 2" Cinnamon
- 2 Green Chilli
- 2 chopped Onion
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Ginger paste
- 8 whole Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- Wash rice and soak for half hour in 8 cups of water.
- Add 2 cardamom, half of cinnamom, 6 cloves, black pepper, green chilli and the bayleaf. Cook till half done.
- Drain water and spread rice in a plate.
- Mix prawns with turmeric powder and salt. Lightly fry prawns and keep aside.
- Heat ghee, add rest of the cardamoms, cinnamon and 6 cloves crushed. Add chopped onion and fry till light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix red chilli powder, coriander and cumin seeds powder in half cup water. Cook till oil starts separating out.
- Add prawns and adjust salt. Cook for a few minutes.
Tip: If you like fish as white as popcorn, add lemon juice or milk to the liquid you cook it in.