- 8 medium sized Prawns
- 3 cups Basmati Rice
- 4 Cardamom
- 8 cups Water
- 12 Cloves
- 2 Bayleaf
- Salt to taste
- 8 tbsp Ghee
- 2" Cinnamon
- 2 Green Chilli
- 2 chopped Onion
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Ginger paste
- 8 whole Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- Wash rice and soak for half hour in 8 cups of water.
- Add 2 cardamom, half of cinnamom, 6 cloves, black pepper, green chilli and the bayleaf. Cook till half done.
- Drain water and spread rice in a plate.
- Mix prawns with turmeric powder and salt. Lightly fry prawns and keep aside.
- Heat ghee, add rest of the cardamoms, cinnamon and 6 cloves crushed. Add chopped onion and fry till light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix red chilli powder, coriander and cumin seeds powder in half cup water. Cook till oil starts separating out.
- Add prawns and adjust salt. Cook for a few minutes.
Tip: To know how long to cook fish, measure at the thickest point, then allow 10 minutes per inch. This applies to all methods of cooking, such as broiling, frying, grilling, poaching, and steaming.