- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 medium Spring Onion bulb chopped
- 1 inch piece of Ginger, chopped
- 5 piece Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Gram flour (Besan)
- 4 cup Vegetables (coriander, carrots, cabbage and peas)
- 7-8 crushed Black Peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Reserve the stems of coriander leaves. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, spring onion bulb, ginger and garlic and saute till translucent.
- Add gram flour and continue to saute till you get a nice aroma. Add vegetable stock, coriander stems, cabbage and carrot cubes and bring to a boil.
- Add crushed peppercorns and continue to boil. Add half of the chopped coriander leaves and cook for five to ten minutes.
- Strain and keep aside cooked vegetables. Heat the strained soup. Add salt, lemon juice and bring to a boil again. Season with the remaining chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tip: Fat can be easily removed from hot soup by floating a large lettuce leaf on the surface.