- ½ kg Chicken
- 2 Onions
- 6 Cloves
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 350 ml Curd
- 6 Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 500 gm half cooked Rice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
- Grind all ingredients except chicken and rice.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture for 2-3 hrs.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the marinated chicken and cook until tender.
- Take a heavy pan and arrange the chicken and rice in layers. Squeeze a lemon on the top layer and scatter browned onions.
- Seal the pan and cook over a very slow flame for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Tip: Before roasting a chicken store in the refrigerator for 24 hours for richer flavor.