- Chicken Fried Rice
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 3 cup Rice
- ½ tsp Cornflour
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 100 gm Mushrooms
- ½ kg Chicken breast
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- A pinch of White Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions with tops
- Remove bones and skin from chicken breast. Cut into small pieces.
- Toss together chicken cornstarch, half teaspoon salt and dash white pepper.
- In a karahi (wok) heat one tablespoon oil. Add eggs. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist. Remove eggs.
- Wash and thoroughly dry karahi (wok). Now heat tow tablespoons oil.
- Add chicken and stir fry until chicken turns white. Add bean sprouts, mushrooms and half teaspoon salt. Stir fry 1 minute. Remove chicken and drain.
- Now in two tablespoons of oil add rice and stir fry 1 minute.
- Stir in soya sauce and dash white pepper. Add eggs, chicken mixture, green onions with green tops chopped and stir fry half a minute.
Tip: Use long-handled tongs instead of a fork - forks pierce the chicken and allow the flavorful juices to escape.