- 750 gms Meat
- 4 cups Rice
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Onions
- 3 Bayleaf
- ½ cup Ghee
- 2 Cardamom
- 20 Mint Leaves
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1½ cups Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Green Chilli paste
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2½ tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Heat oil and Ghee together. Add cloves, cardamom, bayleaves and cumin Seeds.
- After a minute add onions and cook till light golden.
- Now add chilli paste, ginger-garlic paste and cook well. If needed add 1/4 cup water and cook till oil seeps through the mixture.
- Add meat and coriander powder and half cup of water and cook well.
- Cook for 2 minutes and now add coconut milk to it.
- Mix everything and cook in pressure cooker until 3 or 5 whistles. Let it cool.
- Separate meat pieces from the liquid into a big bowl and measure the liquid.
- Make sure there are atleast eight cups of liquid (add if required), pour it in the bowl.
- Add the meat pieces back to the measured liquid and boil till it starts bubbling check for salt and spice.
- Add soaked drained rice and sprinkle mint leaves on top and cook it on medium heat stirring occasionally until the rice is done.
Tip: Allow meat to stand at room temperature 1 hour before cooking. It will cook more quickly, brown more evenly, and stick less when pan-fried.