- 4 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Water
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 3 cups plain Flour
- 1 sachet (7g) dry Yeast
- Take a mixing bowl put all the ingredients except the oil and mix well till it forms a smooth dough.
- Apply a little oil and cover it with a wet cloth for one hour till the dough raises.
- Add the oil and knead well till all the oil is absorbed.
- Make equal sized balls. Apply a little oil. Roll it into a round shape.
- Now put it on a cloth pad and put it on a preheated Tandoor wall or cook in a preheated oven (250 º C) by placing it on a greased tray.
- Remove when it is crisp and golden brown on both sides. Remove with the help of skewers.
- Serve hot topped with butter.
Tip: Always use warm water to knead the dough for chapati. The chapati turns out very soft and remains soft throughout the day.