- 1 tsp Salt
- Ghee or Butter
- Wheat flour 2 cups
- Water for kneading
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl, add salt and start kneading, till it forms a smooth, soft dough.
- Make equal sized balls.
- Flatten and roll out into flat disc, smear the roti with a little ghee and fold into a semi-circle.
- Add some more ghee over the upper surface and fold a second time.
- Double fold it lenghtways, press gently with fingers and roll into a round circle
- Heat the tava, spread a little ghee and place the laid paratha.
- Cook for few seconds, turn over again and smear the other side with ghee.
- Cook further for a few seconds until paratha is golden brown on both sides.
Tip: To make good parathas, don't fry them in oil, instead mix oil and ghee together and fry. Your parathas will be more soft and crispy.