- 6 beaten Eggs
- A pinch of Salt
- 225 gms soft Butter
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- 225 gms Castor Sugar
- 275 gms Glace cherry
- 65 gms Self raising flour
- 175 gms ground Almonds
- Grease a deep 9" round cake pan. Line with grease proof paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If cake pan is smaller than specified one, cake will crack.
- Cut the cherries into half and pat dry. Dust lightly with flour. Arrange in the bottom of the pan.
- Beat butter with sugar till fluffy. Beat in eggs, little at a time, add 1 tbsp flour also. Do not overstir, it results in holes in the cake.
- Add flour, pinch of salt, almonds and extract. Pour into pan after mixing well. Tap the pan at the bottom.
- Bake for 1 hour or till cooked, check with knife, if it comes out clean. Cool for few minutes. Sift icing sugar on top to decorate.
Tip: When filling and frosting a cake, place first layer(s) with bottom side up; place last layer with the top side up.