- 2 Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Confectioner's Sugar
- ½ cup Raspberry jam
- ½ cup unsalted Butter
- 90 gms Cream cheese
- Grated peel of a Lemon
- 2 cups granulated Sugar
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and lemon peel.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into butter-cream cheese mixture.
- Roll dough into a log about 18 inches long. Roll up, and seal ends.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice dough into 3/8-inch-thick rounds and place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Spoon halff a teaspoon jam in center of each cookie. Bake until firm on top and golden brown on underside (8 to 10 minutes).
- Remove from baking sheet to a cooling rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Tip: To avoid breaking and crumbling, cool bar cookies and cakes completely before cutting.