- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 175 ml Whipping cream
- 175 ml Red Currant Jelly
- 700 gms Kiwi fruit, Strawberries, Peaches, Grapes/Currants
- 1 Egg white
- 200 gms plain Flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 65 gms dark Brown sugar
- 140 gms Butter, cut into pieces
For the Pastry
- For the pastry, combine the butter, brown sugar and cocoa powder over low heat.
- When butter is melted, remove from the heat and sift over the flour.
- Stir, then add just enough egg white to bind the mixture.
- Gather into a ball, wrap in a greaseproof paper, and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Grease eight 3 inches tartlet tins. Roll out the pastry between two sheets of greaseproof paper. Stamp out eight 4 inches round with a fluted cutter.
- Line the tartlet tins. Prick the bottoms. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Preheat a 350°F/180°C oven.
- Bake until firm, 20-25 minutes. Cool, then remove from the tins.
- Melt the jelly with the lemon juice.
- Brush a thin layer in the bottom of the tartlets. Whip the cream and spread a thin layer in the tartlet cases.
- Arrange the fruit on top. Brush with the glaze and serve.
Tip: To cool a cake that has just come out of the oven, place the pan on a wet towel. The cake won't stick to the pan if it's cooled this way.