- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 450 gms Butter
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- 850 gms plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 ripe Pineapples
- 1 bowl Sugar
- A drop or two of yellow colouring
- Grate pineapples finely. Sieve and press out all the juice.
- Place the pressed pineapple filling into a pot over a stove over high heat. Do not burn filling. Keep stirring. Add in sugar and mix well.
- Lower the heat, add the yellow colouring and let the filling simmer for at least ½ hour. Stir regularly. Cool the filling.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the eggs, add it to butter, beat well for a few minutes.
- Mix in salt, baking powder, rose essence and flour. Mix well and knead till dough is even and smooth.
- Roll out dough to about ¼ cm thick. Make sure there's plenty of flour under the dough and on the rolling pin to help the whole process.
- Get a tart cutter and depress the cutter into dough. Move the cutter a little while the cutter is still in the dough and then remove the cutter.
- Slowly push the inner part of the cutter and remove the tart. Repeat the process.
- Put the cooled filling in and place the tarts on a baking tray.
- Bake in a hot oven of 180 degrees Celsius for half hour or till tarts are done.
Tip: To prevent icing from running off your cake, try dusting the surface lightly with cornstarch before icing.