- 2 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- 1 large Capsicum
- 2 tbsp fresh Cream
- ¼ cup Tomato puree
- ½ tsp Red Chilli paste
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1¼ cups uncooked Macaroni
- 2 Chicken breasts, boiled, shredded
- Boil 3-4 cups of water with 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of oil.
- Add macaroni to the boiling water. Cook covered for 8-10 minutes till soft and well cooked but not mushy.
- Strain and wash several times with cold water.
- To boil chicken, add 1/4 cup of water in a pressure cooker with 1/4 tsp of salt and chicken. Pressure cook to give 2 whistles.
- Drop the pressure by putting water on the lid of the cooker. Cool and shred the cooked chicken.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add the chilli paste and tomato puree. Stir for 1/2 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and 3/4 cup of water. Simmer the sauce on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, chilli powder. Keeping the flame low add the cream. Switch off the flame immediately.'li>
- Add the cooked macaroni, chicken and coriander. Stir gently.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover and keep in a refrigerator to chill.
- Arrange some lettuce leaves on a serving platter. If salad gets a little dry add a few tablespoons water to get a slightly wet consistency.
- Transfer the macaroni salad on the lettuce leaves. Deseed the capsicum and cut into thin rings. Half the rings and arrange on the edges.
- Serve cold.
Tip: If you want to avoid using colour in tandoori chicken, use lemon juice mixed with turmeric instead.