- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Ghee to smear
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Ajwain seeds
- ¼ tsp Chilli powder
- 1 small Green Chilli
- 250 gm Wheat flour
- Green Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek leaves
- Place all the ingredients except, for a handful of flour and knead into smooth dough. Cover and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Now make even sized bal, flatten it and roll them into a round shape.
- Smear one half with half tsp ghee and fold over the other half. Again smear half with ghee and fold to form a triangle or square.
- Heat a flat frying pan over a medium heat.
- Place the paratha on a heated pan and cook for a minute on one side. Now, turn over to the other side.
- Apply oil on the cooked surface. Also spoon oil all around and shallow fry both sides over low heat until golden brown.
- Serve with side dishes, raitas, chutneys.
Tip: Always use warm water to knead the dough for chapati. The chapati turns out very soft and remains soft throughout the day.