- 1½ kg Mutton boned
- 2 Lemon
- Salt to tate
- 500 gms Oil
- 300 gm Curd
- 500 gms Onion
- Coriander leaves
- 3 tsp Garam Masala
- 1½ kg Basmati Rice
- 1½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 300 gm Ginger-Garlic paste
- Cook mutton with salt, turmeric and ginger-garlic paste for 15 - 20 minutes in a cooker /thick bottomed vessel.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry finely chopped onions until golden brown.
- To this add the cooked mutton pieces and fry for 15 minutes. Add the beaten yoghurt, chopped coriander and juice of two lemons.
- Wash and soak the rice for about 25-30 minutes
- Take one-and-a-half measures of water for each measure of rice. Bring the water to a boil and add rice and cook until done.
- Add the mutton pieces and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Tip: Chilling meatballs before cooking keeps them from falling apart. Use an ice cream scoop to shape meatballs.