- 1½ kg Mutton boned
- 2 Lemon
- Salt to tate
- 500 gms Oil
- 300 gm Curd
- 500 gms Onion
- Coriander leaves
- 3 tsp Garam Masala
- 1½ kg Basmati Rice
- 1½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 300 gm Ginger-Garlic paste
- Cook mutton with salt, turmeric and ginger-garlic paste for 15 - 20 minutes in a cooker /thick bottomed vessel.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry finely chopped onions until golden brown.
- To this add the cooked mutton pieces and fry for 15 minutes. Add the beaten yoghurt, chopped coriander and juice of two lemons.
- Wash and soak the rice for about 25-30 minutes
- Take one-and-a-half measures of water for each measure of rice. Bring the water to a boil and add rice and cook until done.
- Add the mutton pieces and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Tip: Don't salt meat before you cook it. The salt forces the juices out and impedes browning. Instead, salt meat halfway through cooking, then taste when the meat is done and adjust the salt as needed.