- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sake
- 3 cup Basmati Rice
- 400 gm Green Peas (in shell)
- 20 medium sized Prawns
- After shelling the peas, take off all the skins as well.
- Cut the prawns into approximately 1 cm square "before" boiling them.
- Put the peeled peas into boiling water seasoned with sake and salt. Boil for about 5 minutes. Then, take them out using strainer.
- In the same water, boil prawns at a lower heat for approximately 2 minutes. Do not boil longer than that because it makes them too hard. You can remove them out when their colour turns pink.
- Cool the water in which you boiled the peas and shrimps, and use it to cook rice.
- Cook the rice as usual in the rice cooker.
- Just 5 or 6 minutes before it finishes, open the cooker and add prawns and peas onto the rice and cook together.
Tip: To allow free flow of sauce from a sauce bottle to a pourer, insert a drinking straw half way, into the bottle and hold it there lightly with one hand while pouring with the other.