- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 glass Sirka
- 1½ tsp Sugar
- 3-4 red Beetroots
- 3-4 flakes of Garlic
- Sort and cut the leaves off red beetroots. Put them in a saucepan with enough water to cover them.
- Add the sirka and boild the beetroots over down.
- Cut them into small pieces and place decoratively in a salad bowl.
- Add a half teaspoon of salt and crushed garlic with approximately 1 glass of sirka to the beetroots.
- Let stand for a few hours. This may be served alone or with lettuce.
Tip: To keep the color of vegetables such as green beans or asparagus bright green, do not toss them with a dressing containing vinegar or lemon juice until just prior to serving.