- 75 ml Curd
- 75 gm Kishmish
- 150 ml Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp Mango chutney
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 900 gm cooked Chicken
- 75 gm Almonds, blanched
- Salt and Black Pepper powder
- 75 gm dried Apricots, quartered
- 1 bunch Spring Onions, sliced thinly
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4, 350° F or 180° C
- Spread the almonds out on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Let them cool for a couple of minutes, then roughly chop them.
- Now strip all the meat from the chickens, discarding the skin and bones, and cut it into bite-sized pieces and place them in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and curd with the curry paste and mango chutney, then pour this sauce over the chicken.
- Now add kishmish, apricots, about three-quarters of the salad onions and about two-thirds of the almmonds. Mix everything together thoroughly, taste and season, then cover and chill till needed.
- Place the lettuce in the base of a serving dish and spoon the chicken over the top. Garnish with the reserved salad onions and almonds and the coriander leave.
Tip: Chicken livers won't spatter if you prick them first with a fork before cooking.