- Salt to taste
- 10 tsp Ghee or Butter
- 3/4 cups Warm water
- 250 gm Maize/Corn flour
- Mix half the water with the flour.
- Add salt and leave for few minutes.
- Divide the mixture into eight parts.
- Heat a griddle.
- Take one part of the flour and knead with the warm water till pliable.
- Make a ball between your palms.
- Take a square sheet of a polythene or a clean plastic bag and grease one side.
- Place the flour ball on the polythene and flatten with your palm. Wet your hand and keep pressing on the ball with your flat palm till it is about ¼ cm thick.
- Carefully invert the rolled chapatti onto your hand and place it on the hot griddle.
- Cook for about 1 minute and invert. Cook both sides till brown spots appear.
- Smear some ghee or butter on both sides and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
Tip: While kneading add 2-3 tbsps oil or butter and little salt. Add warm water for soft chapathis.