- 2 Cloves
- ½ cup Rice
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2-3 tsp Ghee
- 2 Cardamom
- ¼ tbsp Pistachio
- ¼ tbsp Almonds
- ¼ tbsp Kishmish
- A pinch of Kesar
- ½" Cinnamon stick
- ¼ tbsp Cashewnuts
- Wash the rice, and drain on a cloth.
- Soak the saffron in one tablespoon of warm milk and keep aside.
- Blanch and slice the almonds, slice the pista, and break the cashewnuts into small pieces.
- Heat the ghee in a cooker, and add the kishmish and cashewnuts. Fry until golden, remove and set aside.
- Add the rice and the whole spices to the cooker and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, saffron soaked in warm milk and the water. Cook for a few minutes on moderate heat until the rice is done.
- Now add the sugar, and cook further on low heat until the sugar has blended, and the mixture thickens.
- When about to serve, add half of the nuts, and mix well.
- Garnish with the rest of the nuts and kishmish. Decorate with the silver foil. serve chilled or hot.
Tip: To keep sweets especially Burfis as fresh as ever: Store then in a stainless Steel airtight container and put a wet muslin cloth over them.