- 2 cups Ghee
- 1 cup Besan
- 2 cups Sugar
- Grease a plate evenly with ghee and set aside.
- Heat 1 cup of ghee, add besan, stir well and keep aside.
- Heat sugar on a low flame, add sufficient water and boil to make a syrup of one-string consistency. Strain syrup to remove scum.
- Add the besan-ghee mixture to the sugar syrup and keep stirring on low flame to remove lumps, if any.
- Heat the remaining cup of ghee. Gradually add the ghee to the sugar syrup mixture and keep stirring till the ghee separates and floats on top.
- When done, pour quickly into the greased plate and shake the plate gently to spread the mixture.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and cut into pieces with a sharp greased knife.
Tip: Always sprinkle gelatine over the water. Never put in dry pan, then add water and heat.