- 1 cup Milk
- 1 kg Sugar
- 1 tsp Kesar
- 2 litre Water
- 500 gm Ghee
- 100 gm Pistachio
- 250 gm Almonds
- 50 gm Cardamom
- 500 gm Cornflour or Maida
- Heat half of the water, add sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup milk and boil for 5 minutes. Strain it through a muslin bag or thin cloth.
- Dissolve the cornflour/maida in a little water. Add the remaining water and sugar syrup.
- Dissolve 1 tsp kesar in warm water. Add to the cornflour mixture and cook over low flame.
- When cornflour becomes thick , add 1 tbsp ghee. Continue adding Ghee slowly during cooking to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Stir it well.
- As Ghee separates from the mixture. Add almonds, pistachio & cardamoms.
- Grease a pan or tray with oil. Spread Halwa in it.
- Garnish with almonds, pistachio and cardamoms. As it cools down, cut it into pieces and serve.
Tip: Ants in the Sugar? Place 3-4 cloves in with the sugar. This will keep the ants from entering.