- 250 gm Curd
- 500 gm Ghee
- 500 ml Water
- 500 gm Sugar
- 500 gm Maida
- Pinch of Baking powder
- 4 tbsp chopped Pistachio
- Mix maida with curd and 3 tbsp of ghee. Knead it soft.
- Make small portions of the mixture (round) and flatten it with thumb impression in the center.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the small portions untill they turn medium brown.
- Prepare sugar syrup by boiling the sugar in water till it becomes a syrup of one thread consistency.
- Dip the Balushahi in the syrup and immediately remove it in a plate.
- Garnish it with chopped pistachios.
Tip: Always strain sugar or jaggery syrups before adding to sweets, so that the muddy grains do not taste like grit in the sweet dishes. Allow the grit to settle below before straining.