- ½ litre Milk
- Rose Water
- 2 tsp Maida
- 1 cup Sugar
- Lemon juice
- 1 cup Water
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir slowly and gently until white curd forms on the surface and separates from whey.
- Strain this milk and you will get chenna(curd like).
- Wash chenna well under cold running water and twist the cloth that was used for straining to extract water.
- Knead chenna to make a smooth dough. Add flour and knead again.
- Make small balls of equal size (6-7) of the dough and keep aside.
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil till it becomes a syrup of one thread consistency.
- Add chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes with lid partially covered. Chenna dumplings will puff up.
- On cooling, add rose water. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Tip: To keep sweets especially Burfis as fresh as ever: Store then in a stainless Steel airtight container and put a wet muslin cloth over them.