- 1 cup Milk
- Rose Water
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- ½ cup Maida
- 250 gm Sugar
- 1½ cup Water
- 250 gm Khoya
- Oil for deep frying
- A pinch of Baking powder
- Mix melted ghee with maida using finger tips to blend evenly.
- Now mix baking powder with little milk.
- Crumble khoya and mix with maida. Knead like a thick chapatti dough, sprinkling just required milk. Mix well so that the dough doesn't break while making balls.
- Make small balls and keep under a wet cloth.
- Mix sugar, water and heat till sugar melts, stirring constantly. Boil till syrup becomes sticky.
- Add rose water after removing from fire.
- Heat oil in a karahi (wok) till it becomes moderately hot. Deep fry few balls at a time till dark brown.
- Dip these fried balls in warm sugar syrup.
Tip: Having trouble keeping your ice cream inside the cone? If you are constantly wiping up drips from the bottom of a sugar cone, simply pop a mini marshmallow in the bottom of the cone before adding the ice cream...no more drips!