- 2 cups Ghee
- 2 cups Besan
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- ¼ tsp Yellow colour
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Almonds, finely chopped
- Mix besan with just enough water to make a thick batter.
- Add the yellow color or kesar.
- Heat ghee. Through a sieve, gently place batter drops into the hot ghee. Fry till pink and drain out. Continue till all the batter is used. Reserve the fried drops as boondis.
- Heat sugar with water and make a sticky syrup of one-thread consistency.
- Add fried boondis, almonds, cardamom powder and mix well.
- While still warm, shape the syrup-coated boondis into round ladoos, and leave till dry.
Tip: Take 2-3 healthy strawberries. Make incisions vertically from tip to base, to form slices. But do not cut fully. Stop just below the base. Now press sideways gently, to form a fan shaped strawberry. Use as topping decor for icecreams, puddings, etc.