- 2 cup Sugar
- 8 tbsp Ghee
- 1½ cup Milk
- 250 gms grated Khoya
- 2-3 Drops Food Colour
- 1½ cup split Moong Dal
- 1 tbsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Kesar dissolved in warm milk
- ½ cup Assorted Dry Fruits, Raisins, Almonds, Cashewnuts, Pistachio
- Soak Moong Dal in water overnight.
- Drain and then grind to a coarse paste using very little water.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and to it then add the dal paste and stir continuously.
- Stir well on a low flame and see that it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Add khoya and mix well and then add milk and water and mix well.
- Add sugar and cook on a low flame.
- Add kesar, colour, cardamom powder and mix well. Add dry fruits.
- Garnish with dry fruits, serve hot or cold as per liking.