- 2 Eggs
- ½ kg Fish
- Salt to taste
- 5 gm Ajwain
- 100 gm Curd
- 200 gm Besan
- 20 ml Lemon juice
- Oil for deep frying
- 10 gm Chilli powder
- 50 gm Ginger-Garlic paste
- Clean, wash and cut the fish into fillets or fingers.
- Apply salt, lime juice, ginger garlic paste and chilli powder.
- Make a batter of besan, curd, eggs, ajwain, salt and water.
- Marinade the fish in the batter for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the fish until lightly brown and crisp.
- Serve sprinkled with chaat masala and lemon wedges.
Tip: To peel and devein shrimp, start by pulling off the legs. Then, remove the top shell and tail with your fingers. Hold the shrimp with the curve of the back up. Run a small paring knife down the back where the vein is visible. Slice gently, just breaking the skin. Pull out the vein with the tip of the knife. Rinse under cold water.