- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Castor Sugar
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic puree
- 200 gm Basmati rice
- 400 ml Tomato puree
- 100 ml Chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
- 225 gm Chicken breast, chopped
- ½ small Red Pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, red pepper and coriander for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken and saute stirring occasionally until it turns opaque.
- Add tomato puree, the chicken stock, garlic purée and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Drain the rice when cooked and mix with the tomato sauce.