- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp ground Nutmeg
- 2/3 cup unsalted Butter
- 3 ripe Bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Grease and Flour an 8-cup loaf, pan, 9 x 5 x 3 inches.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and half teaspoon Salt into a bowl.
- Cream the Butter and Sugar together and gradually add the eggs.
- Add the mashed banana and mix until well combined.
- Add the sifted flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Cover the top of the cake loosely with foil if it starts to darken too quickly.
- A skewer inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. When completely cooled, wrap in plastic wrap until served, to keep it moist.