- 1 tsp Oil
- 4 cups Water
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Onion, diced
- ½ cup Soya milk
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Caraway seed
- 500 ml vegetable Stock
- 250 gm Chestnuts, soaked overnight
- Cook chestnuts in the water for 30 to 60 minutes until soft.
- Add stock cube, caraway seeds, nutmeg and cinnamon to the chestnuts while they are being cooked.
- Fry onion in oil at low to medium heat until soft and transparent.
- Transfer onion to chestnut mixture.
- Remove from heat when chestnuts are soft. Let cool for 10 minutes. Add soya milk and cream.
- Blend all the ingredients to a smooth consistency.
- Bring mixture to a slow boil and serve.
Tip: If soups and stews get burnt renew its taste by pouring the liquid gently and carefully into a clean pan and flavor with curry powder or mustard or some chutney to camouflage the burnt taste.