- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Dash of Cloves
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose Flour
- 6-8 medium Pears, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose Flour
- Light Cream, if desired
- 1 tbsp Sugar, if desired
- Combine all of the filling ingredients, except pears, in large skillet.
- Stir in sliced pears. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, or until hot and bubbly, stirring gently. Set aside.
- To make topping, place flour, sugar, baking powder in mixer bowl and mix it (for about 30 seconds).
- Add buttermilk and melted butter and mix about 30 seconds, or just till blended.
- Pour hot filling into 8-or 9- inch baking pan. Top evenly with large spoonfuls of topping. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pears are tender and bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with light cream, if desired.
Tip: Never try to refreeze icecream which has melted completely due to reasons like electricity breakdown. The result will taste disastrous. Instead, add you favourite flavour or fruit and run in a mixie to make delicious milk shake.