- 2 eggs
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked Pie crusts
- 3/4 cup Kishmish
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tblp White Vinegar
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 3-inch tart pans.
- Roll out pastry and fit carefully into greased tart tins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then beat in brown sugar. Stir in vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix well, then stir in melted butter.
- Fold in raisins or dates and chopped nuts.
- Carefully spoon mixture into tart shells. Place tins on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F /175° C and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until set.
Makes 12 tarts
Tip: Prevent sharp edges on muffins, bar cookies or quick breads by greasing the muffin cups or pans only on the bottom and halfway up the sides so the batter is higher than the greaseline.