- 2 eggs
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked Pie crusts
- 3/4 cup Kishmish
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tblp White Vinegar
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 3-inch tart pans.
- Roll out pastry and fit carefully into greased tart tins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then beat in brown sugar. Stir in vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix well, then stir in melted butter.
- Fold in raisins or dates and chopped nuts.
- Carefully spoon mixture into tart shells. Place tins on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F /175° C and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until set.
Makes 12 tarts
Tip: To give a pie glossy finish just brush a beaten egg white over pie crust before baking .