- 6 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- 250 gm Flour
- 200 ml Cream
- 250g of Castor Sugar
- 190 gm unsalted Butter
- Zest and juice of three Lemons
- Work flour and butter together into a ball using 2 to 3 tablespoons of water.
- Pop into fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Take pastry out of fridge and roll out and put in a tin and bake pastry at about 160°C.
- Take 6 eggs and whisk in 250 gm of castor sugar and add the zest of three lemons and the juice of the lemons, then add 200 mls of cream.
- Take the pastry out of the oven, cool and then add the mixture to the pastry.
- Cook for about 35 to 40 minutes at 160 degrees.
Tip: To give a pie glossy finish just brush a beaten egg white over pie crust before baking .