- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2 cups chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup Confectioner''s Sugar
- 1/3 cup Confectioner''s Sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 275° F (135° C).
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in water and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in chopped pecans.
- With floured hands, roll two teaspoons dough for each cookie into an oblong shape. Press slight indentation down the center of each cookie with a knife.
- Bake on greased baking sheets for 45 minutes. Roll in confectioners'' sugar while still warm.
Makes 4 dozen
Tip: Dip nuts in milk before placing them on top of the cakes or biscuits to prevent them from falling off while baking.