- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 large Onion
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Tomato paste
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- 10-12 Carrots, sliced
- ¼ cup Potatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- In a large saucepan melt butter
- Add the onion and garlic and fry on medium low heat.
- Add the carrots and fry (do not to brown).
- Add water, salt, pepper cumin, coriander powder, cumin, potato, tomato paste, and lemon juice. Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Blend in a food processor.
- Pour the soup in a clean pan, add milk and slowly bring to boil.
- Garnish and serve immediately.
Tip: If a soup or stew is too salty, add raw cut potatoes. Discard them after they have cooked - they will have absorbed the salt.