- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ¼ cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- 6 Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 green Chillies
- 3-4 Garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp cream for garnishing
- Black Pepper powder to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry chopped onions and crushed garlic in heated oil until golden.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Cook on a moderate heat until tomatoes are soft.
- Let the tomatoes cool and grind the mixture along with the chillies to get a puree. Sieve the blended mixture if required.
- Heat butter in a pan, add the cornflour. Fry for a minute and add the milk and let it boil for about 5-6 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the puree, salt and pepper powder and allow to boil for 5-6 minutes. Add water if required.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve very hot garnished with a dash of cream.
Tip: To retain desired consistency of soup as it is cooking, place a double thickness of waxed paper underneath lid to contain any condensation which forms on liquid.