- 3 Eggs
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Peas
- 2 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ cup Basmati Rice
- 1½ litres Chicken stock
- 3 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, 500 gm each
- In a large pot, bring the chicken, water, and 1 teaspoon of the Salt to a simmer.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pot and simmer until they are just done, about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts from the pot; cut them into bite-size pieces.
- Stir the rice into the simmering broth. Increase the heat and boil until the rice is almost tender, about 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to the lowest.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, lemon juice, and the remaining salt until frothy.
- Add about 1 cup of the hot broth from the pot in a thin stream into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Add the egg mixture into the pot and stir until the soup begins to thicken, for about 4-5 minutes. Do not let the soup come to a simmer, or it may curdle.
- Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the peas.
Tip: Chill chicken for 1 hour after coating it. The coating will stick better when cooking.