- 4 slices Ginger
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1 tsp fresh Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli paste
- 2 tbsp light Brown sugar
- Grated zest of 1 large Lime
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 500 gm boneless, skinless Chicken
- 450 ml unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 250 gm white Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- In a large sauce pan, combine the chicken stock, ginger, lemon zest (the yellow outer rind of the lemon that contains the fruit's flavor and perfume) and grated lime zest.
- Place over medium heat and slowly bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low, add the coconut milk, stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Add the lemon juice, fish sauce, brown sugar and chille paste. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and simmer until tender, for about 5 to 8 minutes, add the mushrooms and simmer until tender, about 3-4 minute.
- Serve in bowls. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tip: Do not roast poultry in a oven temperature lower than 325 degrees. Poultry should be roasted at 325 degrees or higher to avoid potential food safety problems.